'The pads lake is a mature gravel pit with extensive gravel bars, weeds and an average depth of five feet historic carp fishing on the west side of the Yateley complex'
I arrived there on Thursday 2nd of May for four nights at the historic Yateley Pads lake at 9.30am to meet with my 3 friends and have a walk around. I spoke to lad in 'Waiting Man' swim, he told me that he had four carp, biggest at 32lb. A good result for him! I saw a bubbles in front of Waiting Man... it looked good! At 10am draw time, I felt nervous. Gary came holding a hand of 4 tree sticks, short one being 1st choice. Somehow I picked the short one, phew! In my mind it could only be one swim - Waiting Man!
The swim I'd be waiting for - 'Waiting Man's'
35lb 4oz - what a first day!
35lb 4oz - the other side
The 27lb mirror completing the brace
- Watercraft: The whys and wherefores – Kev Hewitt
- The Development of a Carp Hook – Dave Ellyatt
- Phil Buckley – The final piece of the jigsaw
- Dave Robinson – It’s not what you know…
- Jack Reid – My own little slice of history
- ‘Two nights with my boys!’ – Lee Howard
- ‘An angry devil looking male linear!’ – Alfie Russell
- ‘A Pads Lake group booking’ – Darren Blunt
- ‘It always comes good in the end!’ – Daren ‘Tinpot’ Norman
- On borrowed time – Terry Bell
- A cold north-easterly haul – Kev Hewitt
- For the buzz – Terry Bell
- An overnighter ‘thirty’! – Kev Hewitt
- Spring at Last! – Terry Bell
- Matt Parry – A few special seasons on the Woolpack
- Alfie Russell joins E-S-P!
- A Prairie Summer – Erick Maybury
- Jack Reid – No boat, No buzz!
- Lateral rig thinking – Tom White
- Behind the Lens – A Gaz Fareham interview with Jack Reid