'Halfway through October, myself and two of my good friends George and Neil set off on a very long-awaited trip down to my favourite fishing destination, the historic lac de st Cassien in the south of France. We had planned the trip at the start of 2020 but 3 days before we were due to set off the whole of France went into full lockdown and the trip was pulled away from us at the last minute...'
Made up with this one!
An iconic water in every sense of the word!
After that the area went quiet and I ventured back up the North arm locating them and landing 3 carp very quickly, topped by a lovely 37lb 4 oz common. The bites were coming between 35 and 40 ft and using just a kilo of Sticky Krill active over the 4 rods per day seemed to keep things ticking along nicely. Nelly joined me for the last few days halfway up the North and George carried on doing the battery zapping boat trip up to the top of the North every day. We all got in on the action with Neil taking the only real big fish, a lovely long mirror of 46lb 4oz but we had some real lookers between us and were over the moon with our results. I managed to land 9 and George and Neil had 6 each, so 21 Cassien carp between us in 11 day sessions made the 15 hour drive home all the sweeter. It sure is bloody hard work fishing Cassien but my god I love it and after just getting back I can’t wait to do it all again and next time I am going to get a monster!
Another belting Cassien fish
It was a good test of the Onyx 10ft 3.25lb tc rods and I’ve got to say they are great for boat work and will be my go-to rods for France in the future. Size 2 grippers, tungsten loaded along with all the other ESP bits created my short slip d rigs and with only one loss in 10 bites from that very hostile terrain showed once again that it was all up to the task.
A smaller one but a great looking mirror.
- Daren Norman – Burghfield Challenge
- Daren Norman – Long awaited Cassien trip!
- Decluttering: Back To Basics with Alfie Russell
- ESP’ New Ronnie Clips: Inception to Finished Product
- Kev Hewitt’s 50th UK 40lb Carp!
- When it all comes good – Alex Grice
- Liquid loading your bait – Tom White
- Watercraft: The whys and wherefores – Kev Hewitt
- The Development of a Carp Hook – Dave Ellyatt
- Phil Buckley – The final piece of the jigsaw
- Dave Robinson – It’s not what you know…
- Jack Reid – My own little slice of history
- ‘Two nights with my boys!’ – Lee Howard
- ‘An angry devil looking male linear!’ – Alfie Russell
- ‘A Pads Lake group booking’ – Darren Blunt
- ‘It always comes good in the end!’ – Daren ‘Tinpot’ Norman
- On borrowed time – Terry Bell
- A cold north-easterly haul – Kev Hewitt
- For the buzz – Terry Bell
- An overnighter ‘thirty’! – Kev Hewitt