Unfortunately due to some health issues my fishing has had to take a back seat recently, I spent many a day at home just desperate to get back to White Swan. Occasionally when I felt up to it I ventured down to the Trent just for a change of scenery and hoping to get a bend in the rod and fortunately I managed to wangle out one carp...
A rarely caught Oxfordshire mirror
A bit of grub and the outdoors, just what the Dr. ordered!
Up at 5am I scanned the lake for signs, the only activity I saw was out in the middle. I'd give it till 1pm then look for a move. At 12.30 the left hand rod signalled a take with the fish slowly taking line soon had me in the weed before long. Slow steady pressure applied and I felt the kick as the fish came free. 15yards out I saw a line of scales down the length of the fish.... I knew now it was a linear, but which one? With some relief the fish was soon in my net and it looked a good one. The fish was finally confirmed to be the Snake Lin and at 41lb 12 . Deep joy!
Returning the huge linear
Photos were taken and loads of smiles all round.. I couldn't have felt any happier! My last day of the session I prepared the BBQ for a little feast... just as everything was ready to be eaten I received another take. This fish was moving fast and one again I found myself employing every trick trying to get a weeded fish out but this time it wasn't happening. Soon enough I found myself afloat heading towards the weed bed (many thanks to the guys who got the boat for me). Soon I was above the fish, slow steady pressure was applied and from the depths I could see a large ball of weed coming up to meet me.... but no signs of a fish..... As the weed hit the surface a small pec appeared from the side of the weed.... scooping up the weed I was just praying I'd managed to get the fish as well. Pulling the weed apart soon had me smiling from ear to ear.
Another lovely White Swan mirror
Back on dry land I unfolded the net to take in the amazing sight of the 'pretty one'.... 45 years old, stocked back in 1981, I felt absolutely privileged to have caught this amazing fish at 34lb 8 and a rare visitor to the bank.
I'd been very fortunate to have caught 2 amazing fish and fishing the way I like..... Trent baits shrimp and my ever faithful ESP components doing the business once again.
- E-S-P July Product Launch 2023!
- A Tricky Autumn Comes Good – Kev Hewitt
- Carp Team England Wins Gold!
- Barry Hearn Masterpiece!
- E-S-P July Product Launch 2022!
- Kev Hewitt – A Golden Ticket
- Kev and Bart cruise to the BCAC Semi Finals
- Fishing is the best medicine – Darren Blunt
- A Trip To The Country – Alfie Russell
- Paring it down – Dave Ellyatt
- Daren Norman – Burghfield Challenge
- Daren Norman – Long awaited Cassien trip!
- Decluttering: Back To Basics with Alfie Russell
- ESP’ New Ronnie Clips: Inception to Finished Product
- Kev Hewitt’s 50th UK 40lb Carp!
- When it all comes good – Alex Grice
- Liquid loading your bait – Tom White
- Watercraft: The whys and wherefores – Kev Hewitt
- The Development of a Carp Hook – Dave Ellyatt
- Phil Buckley – The final piece of the jigsaw