'With the daylight hours stretching out, a quick overnighter between work was in order to take advantage of the wonderful weather this week.'
I instantly dispatched a rod right into the rings on the surface and pushed my buzzers into the ground and clipped on the bobbin....
I arrived at the lake on Wednesday evening and knew I only had an hour and a half before it was dark. I started on a quick lap of the lake and saw one show after about 10 minutes of looking. 'That will do nicely' I thought. I quickly loaded the barrow and headed the the area where I had seen the fish show. I quickly slipped the top section of my Onyx rod into the butt section and as the spigot took grip a carp stuck his head out 40 yards out right in front of me. I instantly dispatched a rod right into the rings on the surface and pushed my buzzers into the ground and clipped on the bobbin.
I walked back to the barrow to sort my next rod and I was shocked to hear my screaming clutch. I was away and the rod had only been out less than a minute.
I was very unprepared and found myself doing battle with an angry carp whilst trying to slip into my waders and set up a net at the same time. Luckily everything went to plan and I was soon hooking my ESP Retainer Sling onto the scales which settled on 30Lb 10oz. It was a right result. This turned out to be my only fish of the night and I headed to work at 7.30am with a smile on my face. I just simply love getting results on short seasons. Getting on the fish is so important and something as simply and obvious as casting to a showing fish can be all that is needed to get a result.
30lb 10oz. I simply love getting results on short sessions.
- E-S-P July Product Launch 2022!
- Kev Hewitt – A Golden Ticket
- Kev and Bart cruise to the BCAC Semi Finals
- Fishing is the best medicine – Darren Blunt
- A Trip To The Country – Alfie Russell
- Paring it down – Dave Ellyatt
- Daren Norman – Burghfield Challenge
- Daren Norman – Long awaited Cassien trip!
- Decluttering: Back To Basics with Alfie Russell
- ESP’ New Ronnie Clips: Inception to Finished Product
- Kev Hewitt’s 50th UK 40lb Carp!
- When it all comes good – Alex Grice
- Liquid loading your bait – Tom White
- Watercraft: The whys and wherefores – Kev Hewitt
- The Development of a Carp Hook – Dave Ellyatt
- Phil Buckley – The final piece of the jigsaw
- Dave Robinson – It’s not what you know…
- Jack Reid – My own little slice of history
- ‘Two nights with my boys!’ – Lee Howard
- ‘An angry devil looking male linear!’ – Alfie Russell