'With the daylight hours stretching out, a quick overnighter between work was in order to take advantage of the wonderful weather this week.'
I instantly dispatched a rod right into the rings on the surface and pushed my buzzers into the ground and clipped on the bobbin....
I arrived at the lake on Wednesday evening and knew I only had an hour and a half before it was dark. I started on a quick lap of the lake and saw one show after about 10 minutes of looking. 'That will do nicely' I thought. I quickly loaded the barrow and headed the the area where I had seen the fish show. I quickly slipped the top section of my Onyx rod into the butt section and as the spigot took grip a carp stuck his head out 40 yards out right in front of me. I instantly dispatched a rod right into the rings on the surface and pushed my buzzers into the ground and clipped on the bobbin.
I walked back to the barrow to sort my next rod and I was shocked to hear my screaming clutch. I was away and the rod had only been out less than a minute.
I was very unprepared and found myself doing battle with an angry carp whilst trying to slip into my waders and set up a net at the same time. Luckily everything went to plan and I was soon hooking my ESP Retainer Sling onto the scales which settled on 30Lb 10oz. It was a right result. This turned out to be my only fish of the night and I headed to work at 7.30am with a smile on my face. I just simply love getting results on short seasons. Getting on the fish is so important and something as simply and obvious as casting to a showing fish can be all that is needed to get a result.
30lb 10oz. I simply love getting results on short sessions.
- On borrowed time – Terry Bell
- A cold north-easterly haul – Kev Hewitt
- For the buzz – Terry Bell
- An overnighter ‘thirty’! – Kev Hewitt
- Spring at Last! – Terry Bell
- Matt Parry – A few special seasons on the Woolpack
- Alfie Russell joins E-S-P!
- A Prairie Summer – Erick Maybury
- Jack Reid – No boat, No buzz!
- Lateral rig thinking – Tom White
- Behind the Lens – A Gaz Fareham interview with Jack Reid
- Maggot fishing and the ‘Germs’ Rig – David Meek
- Daren ‘Tinpot’ Norman – A Cassien hit!
- Martin Bowler – Autumn
- Tinpot bags a ‘zoo creature!’ – Daren Norman
- When all the stars align – Darren Blunt
- ‘A real rare one’ – Darryl Dunn
- An Everlasting Memory – Darren Blunt
- The Last of The Summer ‘Lin’ – Alex Grice
- Kev Hewitt’s overnighter 40lb common!