E-S-P Lo Pro Umbrella MK2
The long-awaited re-issue of a modern, lightweight classic shelter
The Lo-Pro brolly features a unique design with 6 out of the 8 ribs being in contact with the ground, meaning storm poles are not required in most situations. The MK2 is the same size and footprint as the original, but with some new design features. The material is 210d PU backed polyester with 5,000mm hydrostatic head and is a perfect dark olive green colour with a new ‘blackout’ light proof laminate on the inside to prevent sunlight ingress through the material. We have also added an extended skirt at the rear made of tough waterproof material. Carryalls, rucksacks etc can be stored on this behind the bedchair to protect them from damp and dirt. The front edge of the brolly features a rain baffle to prevent drips.
The strong 8mm fibreglass frame includes a space saver mechanism to maximise headroom even when the brolly is set low. Instead of relying on storm poles to support the front, the Lo Pro features clever extending ribs by means of an elasticated joint which elongates the front side ribs when assembled allowing them to be in contact with the ground. By moving these extended ribs in or out the height of the front of the shelter is adjusted, allowing for different weather conditions, varying terrain and visibility requirements. Similarly the rear side ribs can be moved in or out to adjust the width and internal space of the shelter. The Lo Pro is nominally 52” in size, but with the ability to vary the size of its footprint slightly, most bedchairs can fit although it is best suited to the more compact models. The way the frame is configured allows for extended quarter panels at the front which provide excellent protection from the elements.
When the brolly is broken down, the extended ribs simply detach and fold up, making the packed-down length 1.73m (5’ 8”) - easily manageable for transportation and it will fit inside most carp quivers.
Not having to carry storm poles saves on weight, and excluding the 8 pegs and the lightweight bag which houses the brolly, its weighs in at a very modest 3.70kg (total weight including bag and pegs 4.40kg). Although in practice we have found storm poles to be surplus to requirements, we have included attachments on the upper front ribs so in really severe conditions, or to jack the front up higher, they can be used.
Nominal dimensions: Width 2.3m, depth front to back 1.7m, height variable up to 1.15m.
A heavy duty full-size groundsheet, Mozzy Mesh and Overwrap are available separately.
After the seed of a concept idea in 2014 proved workable, the Lo Pro was then developed and tested over nearly two years through all four seasons, performing admirably throughout. It is a genuine development on the oval umbrella theme and is an excellent shelter for the discerning angler who wishes to travel light and stay mobile. The MK2 features a few design tweaks while maintaining the original design concept.
- Lightweight brolly shelter – 4.4kg (just 3.7kg excluding bag and pegs).
- Freestanding – unique design does not require storm poles in most situations.
- Quick set up and take-down.
- Compact footprint for tight swims while still being roomy and providing excellent coverage. Height adjustable.
- Space saver mechanism maximises internal headroom.
- Tough, light fibreglass frame utilising 8mm ribs.
- 210d PU backed polyester waterproof cover is rugged yet lightweight. 5,000mm hydrostatic head.
- Perfect dark olive green colour with inner light-proof laminate to prevent ingress of sunlight through the material.
- Extended waterproof rear skirt allows carryall, rucksack etc. to be protected from damp and dirt.
- Rain baffle along front edge prevents drips.
- Fits most carp quivers comfortably.
- Aimed at the short session / overnight angler who wishes to travel light and stay mobile.
- Nominal dimensions: Width 2.3m, depth front to back 1.7m, height variable up to 1.15m. Packed-down length 1.73m.
- Heavy duty groundsheet, Mozzy Mesh and Overwrap available separately.