Onyx Compact Big Pit
Introducing the baby brother of the original ESP Onyx reel, the new Compact version features all of the same excellent technical attributes of the original, but in a smaller, lighter (200g lighter) unit.
Featuring a sleek, understated black livery and diminutive in size (similar to a 5000 Emblem) when compared with the original, it comes with two bespoke anodized aluminium spools, Shallow, designed to accommodate 300m of 15lb (0.37mm) and Ultra Shallow for 300m of 12lb (0.33mm). This means that three reels can be filled from a 1,000m bulk spool with minimal waste.
The solid foundation provided by the shallow spools where no ‘spongey’ backing is required and slow oscillation result in exceptionally good line lay with no bedding in, ensuring optimum casting distances can be achieved. A gear ratio of 4.8:1 provides a fast retrieve of 0.95m of line with every turn of the handle.
The Compact is supplied with two different drag adjusters – FD (Fine Drag for micro adjustment) and RL (Rapid Lockdown for free running to locked down in around half a turn).
Another desirable feature is the quick fold handle with a dark wood paddle, for rapid deployment and pack down and also allows the handle to be folded in use for super snug rod setups.
- Machined, anodized long cast taper spools.
- Shallow - for 300m of 15lb (0.37mm)
- Ultra Shallow - for 300m of 12lb (0.33mm)
- Three reels can be filled from a 1,000m bulk spool of mono – no backing required.
- Slow oscillation ensures exceptionally smooth line lay which helps distance casting and accuracy.
- Two interchangeable drag adjusters - the reel can be used with either the FD (fine drag) adjuster for small incremental changes in resistance, or the RL (rapid lockdown) which allows quick adjustment from low resistance to locked down in around half a turn of the adjustment knob.
- Quick fold handle - for speedy setup and pack down and also allows the handle to be folded for snug rod setups.
- Stainless steel line clip for secure damage free clipping up.
- 7 + 1 stainless bearings, machined gears and a 4.8:1 gear ratio for fast retrieve (approximately 0.95m per rotation of the reel handle).
- Rotor brake
- Front drag grit guard
- Easily accessible large anti-reverse lever.
- Stylish matt black finish with subtle silver decals.
- Every single reel thoroughly QA checked by expert in-house staff in the UK.