Daren 'Tinpot' Norman has been on a tough three month campaign, but it finally came good! Tinpot explains...
I’ve just finished a 3 month campaign on 40 acre gravel pit known locally as the zoo. I first had a go on there six years ago but left without managing to bank one of the pits elusive residents and vowed to return later. After a great spring elsewhere it felt right to get back on there so I returned in July full of confidence ready for another go. The pit's still got a bit of mystery to it, but it’s thought theres around 40 - 50 carp in just over 40 acres, so location is always number one priority. The problem is they hardly ever show, and I went days without seeing a sign which made things tricky to say the least.
A lovely view down 'the zoo'!
One of the 'Zoo Creatrures' at 42lb 10oz!
- ‘A Pads Lake group booking’ – Darren Blunt
- ‘It always comes good in the end!’ – Daren ‘Tinpot’ Norman
- On borrowed time – Terry Bell
- A cold north-easterly haul – Kev Hewitt
- For the buzz – Terry Bell
- An overnighter ‘thirty’! – Kev Hewitt
- Spring at Last! – Terry Bell
- Matt Parry – A few special seasons on the Woolpack
- Alfie Russell joins E-S-P!
- A Prairie Summer – Erick Maybury
- Jack Reid – No boat, No buzz!
- Lateral rig thinking – Tom White
- Behind the Lens – A Gaz Fareham interview with Jack Reid
- Maggot fishing and the ‘Germs’ Rig – David Meek
- Daren ‘Tinpot’ Norman – A Cassien hit!
- Martin Bowler – Autumn
- Tinpot bags a ‘zoo creature!’ – Daren Norman
- When all the stars align – Darren Blunt
- ‘A real rare one’ – Darryl Dunn
- An Everlasting Memory – Darren Blunt