Daren 'Tinpot' Norman has been on a tough three month campaign, but it finally came good! Tinpot explains...
I’ve just finished a 3 month campaign on 40 acre gravel pit known locally as the zoo. I first had a go on there six years ago but left without managing to bank one of the pits elusive residents and vowed to return later. After a great spring elsewhere it felt right to get back on there so I returned in July full of confidence ready for another go. The pit's still got a bit of mystery to it, but it’s thought theres around 40 - 50 carp in just over 40 acres, so location is always number one priority. The problem is they hardly ever show, and I went days without seeing a sign which made things tricky to say the least.
A lovely view down 'the zoo'!
One of the 'Zoo Creatrures' at 42lb 10oz!
- A Prairie Summer – Erick Maybury
- Jack Reid – No boat, No buzz!
- Lateral rig thinking – Tom White
- Behind the Lens – A Gaz Fareham interview with Jack Reid
- Maggot fishing and the ‘Germs’ Rig – David Meek
- Daren ‘Tinpot’ Norman – A Cassien hit!
- Martin Bowler – Autumn
- Tinpot bags a ‘zoo creature!’ – Daren Norman
- When all the stars align – Darren Blunt
- ‘A real rare one’ – Darryl Dunn
- An Everlasting Memory – Darren Blunt
- The Last of The Summer ‘Lin’ – Alex Grice
- Kev Hewitt’s overnighter 40lb common!
- Martin Bowler – More great spring memories
- Kev Hewitt – Off to a flyer!
- How to construct a ‘drop-off inline’ leadcore leader
- Jack Reid finally crosses paths with his ‘mystery mirror’!
- ‘Unfinished business… My quest for Orange Spot’
- Nathan Highley bags a personal best!
- E-S-P July Product Launch!